So for starters there are several people I know joining bootcamp next phase. That’s great for them but my conversations with them is making me uncomfortable. I think they figure since I did it that anyone can do it. They expect to lose 70 pounds and have their cake too…..Literally!
I don’t think they understand that I have given up a lot of foods, that I workout more then just bootcamp that I have changed my entire life.
They are going to do the workouts BUT…..
- They can not do certain exercise – okay steve can handle that
- They don’t want to work like they see the people on the biggest loser. okay we don’t workout for 8 hours with a trainer yelling in our face but our workouts are no joke. And seriously your results depend on your actions – how hard you push yourself.
- They are not giving up any foods okay they COULD do moderation if their willpower is strong
- they are not going to count calories
- They are still going to drink beer /wine regularly
- They don’t like veggies, fruits, fish, cottage cheese
When the conversation gets to this point, I don’t know what to say. I start to feel attacked.
- Them: “I can not workout ask much as you, you are ridiculous”
- My best response: '”I am just really focused right now”
- Them: I don’t eat a lot of protein I really love carbs and whole wheat pasta doesn’t count
- My best response: Nutrition is a given take – I have my vice (choc) but I do my best to make the right choice 90% of the time
Seriously if you have any insight please tell me. I have worked hard for these 70 pounds. I shouldn’t have to justify it.