So the question is how many times can you hit the reset button? I know I have an unhealthy relationship with food. I have been working on it. I can control it at home and at work. I have the occasional slip up at a party or function but I can make up for it when I go back home and hit the reset button.
Camping that is another story.
- Friday I just ate too much of good foods (okay and some bad!)
- Saturday I again had bigger portions but more process food and junk
- Sunday I ate better till the afternoon when I split a king size snickers ice cream bar then had a candy bar at 11pm and I may of ate my weight in peanuts
- Monday I had a tapeworm. OMG I was so hungry
- Today I planned to be better and I was till it was so hot out and I was late going home – Somehow I ended up in the KFC drive thru – but I got grilled chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and potato wedges (like the comedic use of the word “but”).
I have myself to blame I am not stopping myself as I load the food in my mouth, I am not drinking enough water and I am the one buying the crap that’s in our camper.
Here is the thing. I don’t feel bad. You know what, nobody is squeaky clean every day. FB showed my trainer totally blitzed – how many empty calories in one beer? It was hot I was hungry so split the snickers the last time I had one was in high school (mid 90s) I don’t remember the last time I had mashed potatoes and gravy. I have gone many of camping trips without a s’mores
There are many times that I do give up and go past foods I want for the sake of “being healthy and losing weight” But all those that have succeed on their journey will tell you that even now an then you can get stuck in the mud. So I am in the mud pit but I am pushing thru. ..I hope to still have this attitude on Thursday at weight in (yes my weigh day changed again ..long story).
Despite my eating I ran roughly 3.4-3.5 miles both Saturday and Sunday, today I went to a bootcamp session called Fireworks and barf (enough said).
I have a few weeks before we camp again – I hope to make a better game plan. I do eat a lot of peanuts and pistachios while camping. I figure having to shell them delays the amount I eat and they have to be way better then chips!! I will work to undo any damage I may of caused this week and get ready for this weekends race (and my daughters 2nd bday party).
So do you have a place or event that you know is your Achilles' heel?