Saturday, September 25, 2010

210 Burpies

My post MWBV plan is to make it to Next level athletic performance at least 3 times a week.  Its not as easy when its fiscal year end at work.  While i have not been doing too much YE work i have had a lot budget crap.  Thankfully that has kept me in my office and away from the cubes and cubes of food.  But working late had not helped me make it to Next level.  This week have been very intense workouts that I really needed.  I went on Monday and then again on Thursday.  Friday I got my period and was very tired  i really considered not going but I have to put myself first and i need to hit that 3times a week mark.

I almost turned around and walked out when i arrived.  There it was on the board my nightmare……Ladder 20 down burpies and KB Swings.  so you do 20 burpies and 20 KB Swings, then 19 burpies and 19 KB swings……down to 1.  It sucks  all 210 of them.      Steve and Cassie say “you get out of the work out what you put into it”  I had to finish.. The last time we had this workout i slipped a disc in my back and i only made it to 13 before i had to do squat jumps.  I had to do this to show myself what progress i had made over the last 4 months.

At one point i could not get my breathing under control – i thought i was going to hyperventilate.  I had side splitting pain on my right side, of course it was sore from the night before.

45 minutes later i was the only one left trying to complete this self imposed touchier.  Cassie told me not think about the pain, to think about what i have left.  She counted as i finished that last 3 sets…Finally i was done ..then i realized that i had pain in my hand.  I had at some point ripped the callous off my hand..Now that is a beast of a workout!

Today all i want is fried food. I was like a fried chicken wrap.  But why do 210 burpies to end up eat fried chicken?  So while i am sore and tired today i am thankful that I completed the burpies to keep me on track today.  I am going to reward myself another way not with food maybe a pedi or scrapbook a page or 2.   19 pounds and less then 9 weeks to my goal.

No comments: